Planned Parenthood is all about having younger and younger girls attend their abortion clinics. The recent LiveAction videos have exposed their willingness to aid and abet underage sex trafficking, but Planned Parenthood’s effort to make it easy for minors to get an abortion has been going on for a while.
Unwanted teenage pregnancies are a growing, recurrent issue in our nation. After looking at the Guttmacher Institute’s March 2011 report on parental consent to a minor’s abortion, I found out that:
- 18% of U.S. women who are having abortions are teenagers. 
- 27% of pregnancies among 15–19-year-olds in 2006 ended in abortion
- As of June 2010, 36 states currently enforce parental consent or notification laws for minors seeking an abortion. But all of these 36 states allow a judicial bypass that allows a minor to obtain approval from court.
- The 14 remaining include the states with most abortions in the U.S. (New York, DC, California, etc.)
- Maine, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Maryland and Delaware allow a minor to consent to the procedure with the guidance and counseling of an abortion provider.
And who is this super “guide”? Planned Parenthood, of course.
They promote their guidance on their website in a section called “Parental Consent and Laws”, where they first and foremost show a teen how they can brush their parents out of one of the biggest decisions in their lives. Every state and its policies about things like judicial bypass is clearly shown, to provide the teens with what they need to decide for abortion easily.
What is required for a judicial bypass? Almost nothing. The teen can obtain it by at least one of these requirements:
- She is mature and sufficiently well informed about her pregnancy options to make the decision without a parent or legal guardian being involved (PP has got it covered)
- It is not in their best interest for their parent or legal guardian to be notified.
- Notification of a parent or legal guardian could lead to physical, sexual, or emotional abuse.
No wonder the shocking statistics. With the assistance they offer to teens in order to hide the issue from their parents and their ultra liberal sexual teachings, Planned Parenthood provides the best shelter for scared teens…actually a trap that makes them think that getting rid of their baby is as easy as removing a band-aid. 1,2… judicial bypass!