More than 52 million unborn children have had their lives ended in the womb since the tragic Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision was made 38 years ago. That’s also more than 52 million mothers, fathers and families that have also suffered the violence of abortion.
With the March for Life happening this Monday, hundreds of thousands of pro-life Americans in Washington DC and across the country have a special chance to be voices for Life—to speak out against the injustice of abortion.
If you’ll be in Washington, DC on Monday at the March for Life:
1. Please take the time to visit your Member of Congress!
You can schedule a meeting with your Members by visiting their website and filling out a scheduling request. If you’re not sure who your Member of the House is, go here, and type your zip code in the upper left hand corner.
Do not be discouraged if your Member or their staff is unable to meet with you! In fact, stop by their office even if you are unable to make an appointment—it’s so important to let your Member and their staff know how you feel about the right to Life.
Tell your Representatives and their staff about the campaign to Stop Abortion Funding, and the very important bills that you want them to support:
“The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,” creates a government-wide ban on all abortion funding and makes the Hyde Amendment and several other critical pro-life riders permanent; and
“The Protect Life Act” amends the health care reform law to ensure that no federal funds go toward elective abortion, prevents any federal agency from mandating abortion, and protects the conscience of healthcare workers.
“The Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act” ensures that organizations who perform abortions, including Planned Parenthood do not receive federal dollars under the Title X federal family planning assistance program.
2. Does your phone have a camera? Send us photos during the day! Whether you’re along the March route with your friends and family, or meeting with Member of Congress, send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and your SBA List staff will put them on the blog!
For those that will not be in Washington on Monday:
1. Make calls and visits to your Member’s district offices. Visit the websites listed above to find information about your Representatives local offices.
2. Consider writing a Letter to the Editor about the Stop Abortion Funding campaign!
Across the country, Americans are speaking out against taxpayer funding of abortion.
Many are writing to their local newspapers to spread the word about the SBA List’s Stop Abortion Funding campaign and asking their neighbors to join them in lobbying Members of Congress in defense of unborn Life.
Check out the talking points to help you write your own Letter to the Editor and don’t forget to send us your letter if it is published so we can share it with the SBA List family.
3. Be a witness for Life to your friends, family, and neighbors. The voiceless unborn need us now more than ever—and we’re closer than ever before to passing the legislation needed to save unborn children. Let us know what you’re doing to build a culture of Life this week by sending an email to email@example.com.