FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 27, 2016
Contact: Mallory Quigley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-223-8073
National Co-Chairs Will Drive Trump-Pence Pro-life Message, Recruit State Co-Chairs To Expose Clinton’s Extreme, Unpopular Stand On Abortion
WASHINGTON D.C. – Today Donald J. Trump announced the national co-chairs of the newly created Pro-life Coalition in support of the Trump-Pence ticket. Last week, in a letter made public by Susan B. Anthony List, Mr. Trump announced the creation of the coalition and asked pro-life leaders for their support. In the letter, Trump also outlined four pro-life policy commitments.
“National co-chairs of the coalition will communicate Mr. Trump’s pro-life commitments to people in their sphere of influence, speak out in support of the Trump-Pence ticket and, most importantly, recruit state co-chairs for the coalition who will in turn drive the campaign’s pro-life message out to each individual voter,” explained Marjorie Dannenfelser, Chairman of the Pro-life Coalition. “Every vote counts. The policies outlined by Mr. Trump are not only important to pro-life base voters, but they appeal to a majority of Americans who oppose Hillary Clinton’s plan to make taxpayers pay for even late-term abortion-on-demand.”
Donald J. Trump is committed to:
- Nominating pro-life justices to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Signing into law the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would end painful late-term abortions nationwide.
- Defunding Planned Parenthood as long as they continue to perform abortions and reallocating their funding to community health centers that provide comprehensive health care for women.
- Making the Hyde Amendment permanent law to protect taxpayers from having to pay for abortions.
The Hyde Amendment is longstanding, bipartisan policy to protect the conscience rights of taxpayers by stopping taxpayer funding of elective abortions. Hillary Clinton has pledged to rescind the Hyde Amendment. For the first time, the Party Platform ratified by Democrats this summer explicitly calls for the repeal of this policy.
Marjorie Dannenfelser, President of Susan B. Anthony List
- Representative Robert Aderholt (AL-04)
- Ellen Barrosse, Republican National Committeewoman & Chairman of RNC Conservative Steering Committee
- Gary Bauer, President of American Values
- Representative Diane Black (TN-06)
- Representative Marsha Blackburn (TN-07)
- Honorable Ken Blackwell, Former Ambassador of United Nations Human Rights Commission
- Governor Sam Brownback of Kansas
- Frank Cannon, President of American Principles Project
- Senator Steve Daines of Montana
- Bill Dallas, CEO of United in Purpose
- Bill Donahue, Treasurer of FAMILY PAC
- Governor Mary Fallin of Oklahoma
- Representative Jeff Fortenberry (NE-01)
- Representative Virginia Foxx (NC-05)
- Representative Trent Franks (AZ-08)
- Day Gardner, President of National Black Pro-Life Union
- Representative Vicky Hartzler (MO-04)
- Kristan Hawkins, President of Students for Life
- Alveda King, Director of Civil Rights for the Unborn
- Ed Martin, President of Eagle Forum
- Penny Nance, President and CEO of Concerned Women of America
- Representative Kristi Noem (SD-AL)
- Father Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life
- Tony Perkins, President of Family Research Council
- Representative Joe Pitts (PA-16)
- Representative Mike Pompeo (KS-04)
- Senator David Perdue of Georgia
- Ralph Reed, Founder and Chairman of the Faith & Freedom Coalition
- Austin Ruse, President of Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute (C-FAM)
- Representative Chris Smith (NJ-04)
- Jill Stanek, National Campaign Chair of Susan B. Anthony List
- Charmaine Yoest, American Values Senior Fellow
*Please note titles and affiliations listed for identification purposes only*