FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 12, 2016
Contact: Mallory Quigley, email@example.com 202-223-8073
Musgrave: “These women are champions for unborn children, their mothers, and pro-life taxpayers”
Washington, D.C. – Today, the national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) announced its first round of candidate endorsements for the U.S. House of Representatives. The group has endorsed:
- Rep. Martha Roby (Alabama-02, won primary on March 1)
- Rep. Jackie Walorski (Indiana-02, primary on May 3)
- Claudia Tenney (New York-22, competitive primary on June 28)
- Liz Brown (Indiana-03, competitive primary on May 3)
- Erin Houchin (Indiana-09, competitive primary on May 3)
- Mary Thomas (Florida-02, competitive primary on August 30)
- Tonia Khouri (Illinois-11, won primary on March 15)
Former U.S. Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave, Vice President of Government Affairs at Susan B. Anthony List, previously travelled to Alabama, Indiana, and Florida to make announcements in the district.
“Protecting the most vulnerable and building up women as leaders are not only compatible choices, but essential to the well-being of our society. Susan B. Anthony List exists to support strong and dedicated pro-life women and we are proud to announce this initial round of endorsed candidates,” said Rep. Musgrave. “These women are champions for unborn children, their mothers, and pro-life taxpayers.”
The Susan B. Anthony List and its Political Action Committees, the SBA List Candidate Fund and Women Speak Out PAC, spent $16.71 million in the 2014 election cycle to defeat pro-abortion incumbents and elect pro-life candidates to federal and statewide office. The SBA List is dedicated to pursuing policies and electing candidates who will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, the SBA List emphasizes the education, promotion, mobilization, and election of pro-life women. The SBA List is a network of more than 465,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.