|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
October 24, 2018
|CONTACT: Mallory Quigley|
firstname.lastname@example.org | 202-223-8073
Senator Donnelly votes to send tax dollars to Planned Parenthood; SBA List visits 400,000+ homes to educate Hoosiers about Donnelly’s record
Washington, D.C. – A new analysis by Charlotte Lozier Institute (CLI), the research arm of the national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List), shows that four Planned Parenthood facilities in Indiana performed more than 71 percent, or 5,551 of the state’s abortions.
SBA List released the following statement in response to the CLI report:
“Indiana’s latest abortion data is a stark indictment of Senator Joe Donnelly’s failure to stand up for unborn children and pro-life taxpayers,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “Donnelly claims to be pro-life, but he has repeatedly voted to send half a billion dollars in taxpayer funding to America’s largest abortion business, Planned Parenthood, which performs a stunning 71 percent of all abortions in the state of Indiana.
“Indiana voters deserve to know about Donnelly’s profound betrayal. SBA List’s field team has spent months on the ground in Indiana, visiting the homes of more than 400,000 pro-life voters who don’t consistently get to the polls to educate them about Senator Donnelly’s record, and will be active through Election Day. Pro-life Hoosiers can’t trust Joe Donnelly, and he will be held accountable at the ballot box.”
Sen. Donnelly has flip-flopped on the issue of taxpayer funding of abortion:
- March 2010: Sen. Donnelly voted for taxpayer-funded abortion in Obamacare.
- August 2015: Sen. Donnelly cast a pro-life vote when he voted for Cloture On S. 1881, A Bill To Prohibit Federal Funding For Planned Parenthood.
- December 2015: Just a few months later, Sen. Donnelly voted to allow Planned Parenthood to receive taxpayer funding.
- March 2017: Sen. Donnelly voted with pro-abortion Democrats against a resolution that would nullify an HHS rule that prevents states from restricting federal family planning funding to Planned Parenthood.
- August 2018: Sen. Donnelly voted against an amendment that would stop taxpayer funding from going to abortion businesses like Planned Parenthood.
SBA List has more than 1,000 canvassers in the field in Indiana, Missouri, North Dakota, Montana, Florida, West Virginia, Ohio, and Arizona who have visited more than two million voter homes this election cycle – more than 400,000 in Indiana alone. This summer the SBA List team held press conferences outside of Sen. Donnelly’s offices in Indianapolis, Evansville, and Fort Wayne, as well as in Terre Haute and Lafayette urging Donnelly to respect the will of Indiana voters by supporting the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
Susan B. Anthony List and its partner super PAC, Women Speak Out spent more than $18 million in the 2016 election cycle, visiting more than 1.1 million homes in battleground states to defeat Hillary Clinton and maintain a pro-life Senate. SBA List is dedicated to pursuing policies and electing candidates who will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, SBA List emphasizes the education, promotion, mobilization, and election of pro-life women. SBA List is a network of more than 690,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.