FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 20, 2021
Contact: Prudence Robertson, email@example.com | 240-672-2828
Washington, D.C. – Today the national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) celebrated the continued surge of pro-life women in the U.S. House of Representatives as Julia Letlow declared victory in Louisiana’s 5th Congressional District. Letlow announced her campaign to fill her late husband’s seat in February.
“We celebrate alongside Julia Letlow and are delighted she will join the largest-ever class of pro-life congresswomen in Washington. Her authentic pro-life, pro-woman leadership will serve Louisiana well,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “In announcing her campaign, Julia shared her desire to bring light where there is darkness. This strength and compassion could not be more needed in Congress today. Emboldened by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, Pelosi Democrats are shameless in their drive to impose their radical agenda of abortion on demand through birth, paid for by taxpayers. SBA List looks forward to working with Julia and all these inspirational women, new and returning, to fight abortion extremism.”
Out of the now 20 new pro-life women elected to the House, 11 of them flipped seats previously held by pro-abortion Democrats. This brings the number of pro-life women serving in the U.S. House overall to 31, more than double the previous record.
A full breakdown of pro-life women victories follows:
- Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) won election
- Joni Ernst (R-IA), Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), and Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS) won re-election
- Six pro-life women now serve in the U.S. Senate
- All 11 pro-life women incumbents have won re-election
- 20 new pro-life women elected to the House:
- Maria Salazar (FL-27) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Yvette Herrell (NM-02) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Michelle Fischbach (MN-07) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Nancy Mace (SC-01) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Stephanie Bice (OK-05) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Ashley Hinson (IA-01) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Nicole Malliotakis (NY-11) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Michelle Steel (CA-48) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Young Kim (CA-39) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Lauren Boebert (CO-03)
- Beth Van Duyne (TX-24)
- Victoria Spartz (IN-05)
- Lisa McClain (MI-10)
- Kat Cammack (FL-03)
- Diana Harshbarger (TN-01)
- Mary Miller (IL-15)
- Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA-14)
- Claudia Tenney (NY-22) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Mariannette Miller-Meeks (IA-02) – flipped Democrat-held seat
- Julia Letlow (LA-05)
Learn more about this historic class of pro-life women at https://www.sba-list.org/pro-life-women-in-the-house.
SBA List is a network of 900,000 pro-life Americans nationwide, dedicated to ending abortion by electing national leaders and advocating for laws that save lives, with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders.