FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 10, 2016
Contact: Mallory Quigley, email@example.com 703-380-6674
Pro-life Women Lead Charge in IN, KY, FL, MO, SC, and SD
Washington, D.C. – Women legislators are responsible for a flurry of state-level activity to protect unborn children and women from abortion. Members of the Susan B. Anthony List’s National Pro-life Women’s Caucus across six states prove that women are at the helm of the pro-life movement, despite the fact that the only woman in the presidential race this week doubled down on her support for abortion on-demand, up until the moment of birth.
Susan B. Anthony List president Marjorie Dannenfelser is available to discuss this storm of pro-life activity, and offered the following statement:
“Hillary Clinton’s support for late-term abortion on demand puts her far outside the mainstream. Fortunately there are women legislators working nationwide to protect unborn children and their mothers from dangerous, painful late-term abortions and Gosnell-like abortion facilities that put profit ahead of the health and safety of patients. A late-term abortion limit beginning at five months would save lives, protect mothers, and is enthusiastically supported by a majority of Americans, especially women. This legislation has passed the U.S. House twice, received majority bipartisan support in its first ever vote in the Senate, and has been passed by at least 15 states – with potentially two more joining that list before the week is out.”
Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protect Act/5 Month Abortion Limits:
- Kentucky – State Rep. Addia Wuchner is sponsoring the state’s limit on abortion after five months.
- South Carolina – State Reps. Wendy Nanney and Donna Hicks shepherded the state’s Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which only needs a final vote in the State House before being sent to the Governor’s desk.
- South Dakota – State Senator Jenna Haggar was a lead author of the state’s Pain-Capable bill, which passed Monday and awaits a signature from Governor Daugaard.
Addressing Planned Parenthood and Abortion Industry Abuses:
- Indiana – Pro-life women, including Senator Liz Brown and Rep. Peggy Mayfield, joined their co-authors to send a ground-breaking pro-life bill to the Governor’s desk today banning abortions for discriminatory reasons (disability, race, sex, color, and national origin) and improving state law regarding fetal tissue disposal.
- Missouri – State Rep. Diane Franklin co-chaired the legislative investigative committee on Planned Parenthood and is the author of a suite of four bills (five including one with a male co-author) to address the proper disposal of fetal tissue and other issues connected to the horrific undercover videos that exposed Planned Parenthood’s fetal organ trade.
- Florida – State Rep. Colleen Burton and Senator Kelli Stargel shepherded a pro-life omnibus bill to address fetal tissue disposal, licensing and inspection of abortion facilities and admitting privileges for abortionists. They also defunded Planned Parenthood in Florida appropriations bills.
The Susan B. Anthony List and its Political Action Committees, the SBA List Candidate Fund and Women Speak Out PAC, spent $16.71 million in the 2014 election cycle to defeat pro-abortion incumbents and elect pro-life candidates to federal and statewide office. The SBA List is dedicated to pursuing policies and electing candidates who will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, the SBA List emphasizes the education, promotion, mobilization, and election of pro-life women. The SBA List is a network of more than 465,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.