FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 25, 2017
Contact: Mallory Quigley, firstname.lastname@example.org 202-223-8073
SBA List Report Examines Major Pro-life Successes
Washington, DC – The national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List today released a new report on the pro-life accomplishments made by the Trump Administration within the first 100 days.
The report finds that President Trump has governed as a pro-life president during his first 100 days in office, quickly making good on one of his four major commitments as well as demonstrating pro-life leadership in other areas. Actions taken:
- Strong pro-life appointments to key positions including: Vice President Mike Pence, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, HHS Secretary Tom Price, Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway
- Reinstatement of the Mexico City Policy
- Defunding of UNFPA
- Enactment of the Congressional Review Act H.J. Res 43 to allow states the option to prioritize Title X funding away from Planned Parenthood
- Confirmation of pro-life Justice Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court
- Support for legislation in the U.S. House that repeals Obamacare and redirects taxpayer funding from Planned Parenthood to community health centers
“President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence have been game changers for the pro-life movement. Not only have there been several pro-life victories within the first 100 days of their administration, we are confident that pro-life progress will continue. This is a new era,” said Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) president Marjorie Dannenfelser. “We have a new pro-life Supreme Court justice, and are closer than ever before to stopping taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood, and passing protections for babies born after five months, a point by which research shows unborn children feel pain. These longtime pro-life goals are now within reach with a pro-life President in the White House. We thank President Trump and his team and look forward to working with them to push through additional victories for the unborn throughout the duration of his presidency.”
The report can be read online here: https://www.sba-list.org/first100days
Susan B. Anthony List and its partnered super PAC, Women Speak Out spent more than $18 million in the 2016 election cycle, knocking on more than 1.1 million doors in battleground states to defeat Hillary Clinton and maintain a pro-life Senate. SBA List is dedicated to pursuing policies and electing candidates who will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, the SBA List emphasizes the education, promotion, mobilization, and election of pro-life women. The SBA List is a network of more than 465,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.