FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 18, 2014
Contact: Mallory Quigley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-380-6674
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A new report released this week from the Government Accountability Office shows that taxpayer funds are flowing to health insurance plans subsidized by taxpayers under the Affordable Care Act. Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser will join Members of Congress and representatives of pro-life groups at a press conference today at 11:00 A.M. on the House Triangle to call on the U.S. Senate to pass H.R. 7, the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act.
When: Thursday, Sept. 18, 11 – 11:30 AM (or following conclusion of the Joint Session)
Where: U.S. House of Representatives, House Triangle (Directions)
- Rep. Joe Pitts (R-PA), Chairman of the Energy & Commerce Health Subcommittee
- Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ), Co-Chair, Bipartisan Congressional Pro-life Caucus
- Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL), Co-Chair, Bipartisan Congressional Pro-life Caucus
- Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-MO)
- Rep. Diane Black (R-TN)
- Marjorie Dannenfelser, Susan B. Anthony List
- Melissa Swearingen, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Susan Muskett, National Right to Life Committee
- Jeanne Monahan, President of March for Life Education and Defense Fund
- Alison Howard, Concerned Women for America
- Arina Grossu, Family Research Council
- Ovide Lamontagne, General Counsel at Americans United for Life
The GAO report further confirms the argument made by the Susan B. Anthony List that a vote for ObamaCare was a vote in favor of taxpayer-funded abortion. Last week, SBA List won a four year legal battle in Ohio, where the group fought for the right to criticize elected officials who voted for ObamaCare as having voted for taxpayer-funded abortion.
The Susan B. Anthony List and its Political Action Committees, the SBA List Candidate Fund and Women Speak Out PAC, are dedicated to pursuing policies and electing candidates who will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, the SBA List emphasizes the education, promotion, mobilization, and election of pro-life women. The SBA List is a network of more than 365,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.