FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 21, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser is available for comment on the 38th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion on-demand, which falls on Saturday, January 22. Dannenfelser will also be available for comment on-site during the annual March for Life on Monday, January 24.
“On the 38th anniversary of the tragic Roe v. Wade decision, we hold heavy in our hearts the 52 million lives lost and the countless mothers hurt by the horror of abortion,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “But with this great sadness comes great optimism. Americans have shown in poll after poll, and especially in the last election, that they find ‘pro-choice’ rhetoric empty of meaning and find abortion-friendly policies a violation of their consciences. The new pro-life House leadership has shown it is dedicated to translating this public opinion into real public policy that saves lives and ends taxpayer funding of abortion.”
WHO: Marjorie Dannenfelser, President, Susan B. Anthony List
WHAT: Media availability on the topic of abortion, not limited to but including the following:
- Personal conversion story from pro-choice to pro-life
- Recently-introduced legislation aimed at ending taxpayer funding of abortion
- SBA List’s Stop Abortion Funding campaign
- Role of abortion in the 2010 and 2012 election cycles
- Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell and the fight to defund abortion providers, especially Planned Parenthood
- New York City’s 41 percent abortion rate
- Newly-released Guttmacher study revealing that the U.S. abortion rate has not declined for the first time in 30 years
- The resurgence of authentic pro-life feminism
- Remembering the legacy of pro-life Democrat Sargent Shriver, a friend of the SBA List
The Susan B. Anthony List spent $11 million during the 2010 midterm election cycle. Overall, the SBA List was involved in 90 races including 62 wins and 28 losses. Successes included: defeating 15 of 20 so-called “pro-life” Democrats who voted for abortion funding in the health care reform bill; increasing the number of pro-life women in the House by 70 percent; filling the void of pro-life women in the U.S. Senate and increasing the number of pro-life women governors from one to four.
For further information, please contact Kerry Brown at (703) 470-1926 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #