FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 15, 2013
Contact: Mallory Quigley, 202-223-8073
Coalition Campaigns FOR Common Sense Limit on Abortion on Tuesday, Nov. 19th
Washington, D.C. – National and local pro-life groups including the Susan B. Anthony List, American Values in Action, Live Action, Operation Rescue, Students for Life, Protect ABQ Women & Children, ABQ Deserves Better, ABQ Voters for Late Term Abortion Ban, and New Mexico Right to Life have steadily been campaigning to encourage Albuquerque city voters to support the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Ordinance on November 19. The ordinance would protect babies beginning at 20 weeks, or more than halfway through pregnancy, from the painful death of abortion.
In the final week, coalition activities include:
- $100,000 in television and online ads, including one featuring former abortionist turned pro-life OB/GYN Dr. Anthony Levatino of Santa Fe. Spots: “It’s common sense,” “Human Compassion Trumps Politics,” and “Take it from a real doctor”
- 70,000+ early voting information mail pieces, 30,000+ absentee ballot applications mailed, 25,000 GOTV postcards
- 60,000 pieces of literature encouraging early voting distributed throughout churches and parishes
- 49,500 phone calls to identified pro-life voters made by volunteers
- 2,000 yard signs distributed
- Three full-page newspaper ads and one half page ad in the Albuquerque Journal including one exposing the true risk to mothers in a late abortion procedure by showing informed consent forms women must sign before undergoing abortion
- Live Action release of web video “Profits from Pain,” showing undercover footage of Albuquerque abortionists making at least $8,000 per late abortion procedure and downplaying the brutality of the abortion procedure
“Tuesday’s vote in Albuquerque is a historic opportunity. Not only would this ordinance immediately save lives by shutting down a notorious late abortion facility, but a win in Albuquerque would also build national momentum for a federal law,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “A nationwide bill stopping late abortion after 20 weeks, more than halfway through pregnancy, would protect more than 15,000 children a year. We’re honored to be on the ground in Albuquerque and working with such passionate pro-life activists.”
The Susan B. Anthony List and its affiliated Political Action Committees, the SBA List Candidate Fund and Women Speak Out PAC, are dedicated to pursuing policies and electing candidates who will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, the SBA List emphasizes the education, promotion, mobilization, and election of pro-life women at all levels of government. The SBA List is a network of more than 365,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.