FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 29, 2013
Contact: Mallory Quigley, 202-223-8073
Testimony Will Shine Light on “Gosnell-Style” Conditions
Wilmington, DE – Tomorrow, Tuesday, July 30, three former Planned Parenthood of Delaware employees will testify before a bipartisan state senate hearing. Nurses Joyce Vasikonis and Jayne Mitchell-Werbrich will recount the “meat-market style assembly-line abortions” which led them to quit their jobs. Former manager Melody Meanor will testify that Planned Parenthood’s negligence expands beyond abortion. The women will explain how:
- Planned Parenthood of Delaware deceived the public by pretending they were in good standing with the Planned Parenthood Federation (PPFA), though PPFA knew about many of the clinics failures
- Failed to inform as many as 200 women of their positive tests for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia and failed to notify 87 women of the results of their colposcopies
- Placed patients in grave danger through poor care by assigning medical responsibilities to employees who had insufficient or no medical credentials
- Rushed through abortions at a speed that made patient safety unsustainable given the level of staff and medical expertise
- Denied the drug RhoGAM to low-income, Rh negative women who need it within the first 72 hours after an abortion to protect future pregnancies from greatly increased risk of stillbirth
Who: Former Planned Parenthood employees
Senator Greg Lavelle, (R-District 4)
Representative Gerald Brady, (D-District 4)
What: State Senate hearing featuring former Planned Parenthood nurses
When: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 11 AM ET
Where: Chase Center (815 Justison St., Wilmington, DE)
Harlan & Hollingsworth Room
*** Please RSVP to Bill Cook – firstname.lastname@example.org ***
“Planned Parenthood is America’s number one abortion business, which in a single year ended the lives of 333,964 children,” said Susan B. Anthony List president Marjorie Dannenfelser. “The standard bearer in Big Abortion cannot claim Gosnell’s ‘house of horrors’ was isolated while their own employees expose them for ‘ridiculously unsafe’ conditions.”
In Delaware, abortion clinics are not subject to routine inspections. Kermit Gosnell, recently convicted of the murder of three newborn infants and the negligent death of one patient, was also employed at Atlantic Women’s Medical Services, a Delaware abortion clinic with offices in Wilmington and Dover, DE.
Earlier this year the Delaware State Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline later filed a complaint against their former colleague, abortionist Timothy F. Liveright, calling him a “clear and immediate danger to the public” after he sent five women to the emergency room this year alone.
The SBA List has compiled an ever-expanding fact sheet on abortion industry negligence and brutality occurring nationwide.
The Susan B. Anthony List, and its affiliated Political Action Committees, the SBA List Candidate Fund and Women Speak Out PAC, are dedicated to pursuing policies and electing candidates who will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, the SBA List emphasizes the education, promotion, mobilization, and election of pro-life women. The SBA List is a network of more than 365,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.