The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is the largest pro-life political organization in the country and is continuing to expand our reach in 2020. We are looking for a Virginia Coordinator for PLAN (The Pregnancy and Life Assistance Network) in Virginia. The Virginia Program Coordinator will coordinate PLAN in Northern Virginia.
This a part-time position for 15 hours in the National Office. The Virginia PLAN Program Coordinator will be supervised by the national PLAN Program Manager.
- Manage a volunteer team of organization, region, sub-region, category, and sub-category leaders for your state.
- Working to expand PLAN to the entire state of Virginia.
- Being a liaison between PLAN national and the national SBA office where this job is located.
- Working with DC to build relationships there for a future PLAN-like program.
- Working to explain our program to other like-minded ally organizations.
- Help plan events such as:
- Annual State Conference including Pre-Conference Leadership Meetings
- Eventual Plans for a National Conference
- Region and Sub-Region Leadership Meetings
- Region and Sub-Region Shared Outreach and Education Events (including booths and mini-expos)
- Category of Care Meetings and Goals
- Helping to identify the gaps in services and plan to help grow centers to new locations or to new categories of care to help meet those gaps.
- Sacrificial – employee should be sacrificial to achieve the goals of the organization
- Scrappy – candidate must be able to be resourceful and resilient with limited resources
- Ambitious – candidate must be motivated and hungry to tackle tasks each day and push themselves to go above and beyond in everything they do.
- Detail-oriented – candidate must be thorough when performing work and strive to achieve accuracy and consistency in all tasks.
- Motivational – candidate must be able to serve as a leader and motivator for volunteers and allies in the movement.
- Trustworthy – candidate must be able to create and maintain relationships of trust with ally organizations and individuals.
This position oversees groups of volunteers for the program. There are no supervisory responsibilities for SBA List employees.
This position is headquartered in our Arlington, VA office, however this position will require travel across the state of Virginia. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to drive a motor vehicle, lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds for certain events and meetings, eye hand coordination, manipulation of hands for computer use.
Position Type/Expected Hours
This position is a part-time position with an expected 15 hours per week of work. Hours of the work are flexible, with the exception of standing weekly meeting on Mondays from 10:30 am -12:00 pm. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
Travel around the state of Virginia will be required for this position. It is anticipated the role will travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must have experience with deadlines and be able to manage the calendar.
- Must be able to communicate well over the phone and in person.
- Must be a team player.
- Possess high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must be pro-life.
- Previous experience working in the pro-life movement is highly desired.
- Previous event planning experience is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bilingual candidates would be a benefit.
No benefits are available for this part-time position. SBA has on-site free parking. This position requires presence at weekly Monday meetings. Beyond that the hours are flexible.
SBA List has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10 years, and we are on track for even more growth in the coming years as we expand our programs and impact. The person who fills this position should model our core values of being sacrificial, ambitious, and scrappy. Our employees are experts in their fields, hard workers, and are incredibly dedicated to ending abortion. They are team-oriented with a sacrificial mindset to help one another in our shared mission. We leverage every available opportunity to make advances for the unborn and their mothers.
Susan B. Anthony List is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any protected class under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is against the law. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions-in-force, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please send resume, cover letter, and pro-life statement to Kathleen Wilber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.