The Pregnancy and Life Assistance Network for her (PLAN for her) is a project of the Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List). PLAN for her is designed to identify and support organizations that assist pregnant or parenting women who may consider abortion due to lack of support or resources. PLAN for her currently supports the pro-life safety net across seven categories of care in two pilot states, but intends to expand to 30 states.
The PLAN for her categories of care are:
- Health and well-being
- Financial assistance, work or education
- Material or legal support
- Recovery and mental health
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Care for children
The Research Director is responsible for conducting in depth analysis of the services most critical to pregnant and parenting women and families at risk for abortion. This includes regional analysis of the demand for such services as well as the sufficiency of existing programs to meet demand in that region. The Research Director makes recommendations regarding what new or expanded programs are most needed in a region. This research and associated recommendations will be compiled in written reports and presented to relevant community stakeholders.
This is a full-time position located in Arlington, VA. The Research Director will report to the Policy Director.
Who We Are Looking For:
The ideal candidate will:
- have a passion for growing the pro-life safety net for pregnant and parenting women and families and is grounded in the mission and values of PLAN for her and the Susan B. Anthony List;
- possess a high degree of initiative and attention to detail;
- be an excellent written and verbal communicator with ability to present to varying audiences; and
- have strong experience creating research plans with realistic timelines and demonstrated experience meeting deadlines.
- Conduct in depth analysis of the services most critical to pregnant and parenting women and families at risk for abortion in specified regions. This will include services across each of the seven PLAN for her categories of care.
- Conduct regional analysis of the demand for services that meet the needs of pregnant women at risk for abortion, as well as the sufficiency of existing programs to meet demand in that region.Identify the relevant regional public and private funding sources for services that meet the needs of pregnant women at risk for abortion.
- Develop and advocate evidence-based recommendations regarding the services most needed in a region.
- Perform both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of information gathered and provide regular updates when necessary.
- Produce tables, graphs, maps and written reports summarizing research results.
- Present reports to relevant community stakeholders in various forums.
- Masters or PhD in Social Work.
- Excellent research skills and research experience.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in similar research.
- At least 1-3 years of experience providing social services to pregnant or parenting women.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate findings in a presentation setting.
- Sacrificial – candidate should be sacrificial in order to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Scrappy – candidate must be able to be resourceful and resilient with limited resources.
- Ambitious – candidate must be motivated and hungry to tackle tasks each day and push themselves to go above and beyond in everything they do.
- Integrity – candidate must always possess honesty and strong ethical and moral principles.
- Accountable – candidate takes responsibility for their own actions, behaviors performance, and decisions.
- Transparent – candidate openly and honestly communicates with team members. They do what they say they will do.
- Team Player – candidate possesses humility, hunger to work hard, and smarts to recognize how their actions and words impact their teammates.
- Must be pro-life.
What We Offer:
Susan B. Anthony List offers a comprehensive benefit portfolio including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan with employer match, life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability coverage, free onsite parking, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Who We Are:
The mission of the Susan B. Anthony List Education Fund is to end abortion and the destruction of unborn human life. We are team oriented with a sacrificial mindset to help one another in our shared mission. We are ambitious in our pursuits to protect the unborn, their mothers, and families. We leverage every available opportunity to make advances for the unborn and their mothers. We operate with integrity in all we do, we hold ourselves and each other accountable, and we are transparent in our words and actions.
We believe in the innate dignity of human life beginning at conception.
We believe the right to life is enshrined in our nation’s founding documents and that laws have the power to save lives.
We believe we are fighting the human rights battle of our time.
We believe politics shapes culture.
We believe in celebrating every step forward in ending abortion.
We believe there are two victims in every abortion and women deserve better.
We believe feminism and pro-life are complimentary.
We believe women are natural advocates for the pro-life issue.
We believe in conducting our work with excellence.
We believe in operating with integrity and transparency. We do what we say we do, and we hold ourselves accountable.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and pro-life statement to our HR Director, Kathleen Wilber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Susan B. Anthony List is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any protected class under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is against the law. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.