The Charlotte Lozier Institute, the research and education arm of the Susan B. Anthony List, is committed to bringing the power of science, medicine, and research to bear in life-related policy making, media, and debates to promote a culture and polity of life.
The Research Associate, Lozier Library for Life, Science & Law will provide research support for the Lozier Library, a digital database of legal, medical, and scientific papers and filings relevant to the national debate on abortion and bioethics.
The Research Associate, Lozier Library for Life, Science & Law will be responsible for locating and compiling legal, medical, and scientific papers and filings relevant to the national debate on abortion and bioethics.
- Assist in locating and analyzing research reports, legal, medical, and scientific papers and filings that pertain to abortion and bioethics.
- Conduct basic tabulations of data and organize and present research information in a clear and effective manner.
- Assist Lozier Library staff and expert work group members with various research projects, as assigned.
- Effectively use common research tools to locate and obtain studies relevant to the work of the Lozier Library.
- Handle administrative duties in connection with document requests and department needs.
- Database entry and compilation.
- Strongly pro-life and committed to academic research in defense of life.
- Highly organized and attentive to deadlines.
- Familiar with various research tools: Internet, specialized archives, university-based collections, specialized institutions, government agencies, academic research, and peer-reviewed journals, as well as legal filings and databases.
- Familiar with basic data collection and categorization methods, including telephone and written surveys, database searches, and library materials.
- Facility with computer programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability in academic research and in communicating with clients and the general public.
- Comfortable with computer work including extensive data entry, with precise attention to detail.
- Sacrificial – employee should be sacrificial to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Scrappy – candidate must be able to be resourceful and resilient with limited resources.
- Ambitious – candidate must be motivated and hungry to tackle tasks each day and push himself/herself to go above and beyond in everything he/she does.
Charlotte Lozier Institute is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any protected class under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is against the law. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions-in-force, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please send cover letter, your personal pro-life statement, and resume to our HR Director, Kathleen Wilber at firstname.lastname@example.org.