The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is the largest pro-life political organization in the country and is continuing to expand our reach in 2020. We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide support to the President and the senior leadership team she oversees. This is a highly confidential and fast-paced role, and will focus on project management, scheduling, booking travel, managing logistics for staff and donor events, reconciling expenses, and preparing status reports and donor materials.
We are looking for an organized and professional individual with strong time-management and communication skills, excellent writing and editing skills, and a passion for the pro-life cause. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level support to the President in daily administrative duties including, but not limited, to managing an active calendar of appointments, composing correspondence on behalf of the President, management of expense accounts.
- Manage all travel plans including the development of agendas and itineraries for all appointments.
- Schedule meetings with staff, donors, and vendors, ensuring all materials are prepared for those meetings; occasionally attending meetings to take notes and help track action items.
- Communicate the impact of SBA List’s work in person, over the phone, through the mail, and over email in a professional manner to our Board and donors.
- Assist the President with general oversight through reviewing documents, confirming details, and providing additional support to ensure President has all necessary information to make effective decisions.
- Safeguard confidential information about the Organization, its donors, and all operational procedures and strategies.
- Assist in communicating President’s message to employees within the Organization, and its donors.
- Serve as a liaison and support the President in providing accurate, well-researched information in a clear and concise manner.
- The ideal individual must be able to adapt to changes and deal easily with managing unexpected events.
- Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent writing, editing, and grammatical skills.
- Possess high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be pro-life.
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Previous experience working on Capitol Hill, or in a fast-paced office environment.
SBA List offers a comprehensive benefit portfolio including health and dental insurance, 410K plan with employer match, vision discount plan, life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability coverage, free onsite parking, paid holidays, and paid time off.
SBA List has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10 years and we are on track for even more growth in the coming years as we expand our programs and impact. The SBA List team is determined, flexible, and gritty. Our employees are experts in their fields, hard workers, and are incredibly dedicated to ending abortion. They are team oriented with a sacrificial mindset to help one another in our shared mission. We leverage every available opportunity to make advances for the unborn and their mothers.
Please send resume, cover letter, pro-life statement, and writing sample to Kathleen Wilber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.