The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is the largest pro-life political organization in the country and is continuing to expand our reach in 2020. We are looking for a Government Affairs Assistant will be responsible for advancing the administrative needs of the Vice President of Public Policy and other staff of the Government Affairs team. Additionally, this individual will assist the Government Affairs team in advancing its programs and goals.
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Vice President of Public Policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Vice President of Public Policy with administrative needs that include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling internal and external meetings
- Tracking short-term and long-term action items
- Drafting, proofing, and editing documents
- Tracking/returning emails and phone calls
- Assisting the broader Government Affairs team with administrative needs that include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling internal and external meetings that require coordination
- Proofing, editing documents
- Managing the Government Affairs master calendars
- Event coordination
- Taking notes at meetings
- Updating and utilizing the team’s lobbying tracking database
- Putting together folders/material needed for meetings
- Collecting and organizing resumes
- Assisting with programmatic needs of the Government Affairs team included but not limited to:
- Conducing political and legislative research
- Staffing meetings on Capitol Hill and with candidates
- Conducting research on state legislators and legislation
- Attending coalition meetings and helping staff tables at conferences
- Assist with project management of interns
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately reflect information.
- Possess high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must be pro-life.
SBA List offers a comprehensive benefit portfolio including health and dental insurance, 410K plan with employer match, vision discount plan, life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability coverage, free onsite parking, paid holidays, and paid time off.
SBA List has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10 years and we are on track for even more growth in the coming years as we expand our programs and impact. The SBA List team is determined, flexible, and gritty. Our employees are experts in their fields, hard workers, and are incredibly dedicated to ending abortion. They are team oriented with a sacrificial mindset to help one another in our shared mission. We leverage every available opportunity to make advances for the unborn and their mothers.
Please send resume, cover letter, and pro-life statement to Kathleen Wilber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.