The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is the largest pro-life political organization in the country with a nationwide network of more than 837,000 Americans. We combine politics with policy, investing heavily in voter education to ensure that pro-life Americans know where their lawmakers stand on protecting the unborn, and in issue advocacy, advancing pro-life laws through direct lobbying and grassroots campaigns.
This individual will be responsible for advancing the administrative needs of the Vice President of Public Policy and broader administrative needs of the Government Affairs (GA) team.
This a full-time position is ideally located in the National Office (Arlington, VA). The Executive Assistant to the Vice President will report to the Vice President of Public Policy.
- Assisting the Vice President of Public Policy with administrative needs that include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling internal and external meetings
- Tracking short-term and long-term action items, goals, and deadlines
- Drafting, proofing, and editing documents
- Tracking/returning emails and phone calls
- Tracking lobbying activity in Quorum
- Managing expense reports
- Coordinating travel
- Assisting the broader GA team with administrative needs that include but are not limited to:
- Managing team technology tools (such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc)
- Organizing daily GA team huddles
- Scheduling internal and external meetings that require coordination
- Proofing/editing documents
- Managing GA master calendars
- Event planning/logistical needs (Townhouse, Hill events, roundtables, etc)
- Taking notes at meetings and briefings when staff are unable to attend
- Putting together folders/material needed for meetings
- Collecting/organizing resumes
- Serving as the primary point of contact for office supplies and orders (e.g. business cards, phone upgrades, computer repair/replace)
- Assisting the Policy Director with scheduling meetings
- Tracking lobbying activity in Quorum for the Policy Director
- Running reports in Quorum
- Sacrificial – candidate should be sacrificial to achieve the goals of the organization
- Scrappy – candidate must be able to be resourceful and resilient with limited resources
- Ambitious – candidate must be motivated and hungry to tackle tasks each day and push themselves to go above and beyond in everything they do
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Highly organized and attentive to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Strong adherence to procedures and policies
- Familiarity with different technology platforms and how to troubleshoot issues
- Must be pro-life.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply!
SBA List offers a comprehensive benefit portfolio including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan with employer match, life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability coverage, free onsite parking, paid holidays, and paid time off.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a pro-life statement to our Human Resources Director Kathleen Wilber at firstname.lastname@example.org.