Susan B. Anthony List is seeking a Director of Foundations and Grants who will lead the development of strategic funding opportunities for the Organization. We are looking for someone who possesses strong strategic vision with a proven track record of securing grants and foundational gifts for both restricted operating revenue as well as restricted projects.
The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is the largest pro-life political organization in the country with a nationwide network of more than 900,000 Americans. We combine politics with policy, investing heavily in voter education to ensure that pro-life Americans know where their lawmakers stand on protecting the unborn, and in issue advocacy, advancing pro-life laws through direct lobbying and grassroots campaigns.
The Director of Foundations and Grants is responsible for maximizing foundation and grant funding for the projects of the SBA List Education Fund. The person in this role will develop strategies to cultivate and solicit foundation and grant funding to support the Organization’s funding priorities.
This a full-time position located in the Arlington, VA. The Director of Foundations and Grants will report to the Executive Vice President.
Who We Are Looking For:
The ideal candidate will be highly relational with a track record of developing and cultivating foundation relationships. The candidate should have exceptional research skills to identify prospective funding opportunities for SBA List Education Fund projects. The candidate will have a passion for writing as well as developing systems to track and manage all parts of the grants process including deadlines, deliverables, and funder communications.
The ideal candidate will also possess a high degree of initiative and creativity and is grounded in the mission and values of the SBA List Education Fund.
- Develop systems to track and oversee all grant requirements and reporting deadlines including progress reports, budget tacking, and production of collateral for the funders.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts from foundations that support the funding priorities of the Organization.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Organization with a focus on development and fostering of foundation relationships.
- In consultation with the Executive Vice President develop strategies to support the continued growth of the Organization’s programs.
- Analyze grant funding opportunities and provide recommendations to the Executive Vice President for funding suggestions.
- Work with grant writer and others to produce proposals and reports. Some degree of independent writing is expected.
- Strong research skills to identify prospective funding streams for SBA List Education Fund projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and producing results under tight deadlines.
- Sacrificial – candidate should be sacrificial in order to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Scrappy – candidate must be able to be resourceful and resilient with limited resources.
- Ambitious – candidate must be motivated and hungry to tackle tasks each day and push themselves to go above and beyond in everything they do.
- Integrity – candidate must always possess honesty and strong ethical and moral principles.
- Accountable – candidate takes responsibility for their own actions, behaviors performance, and decisions.
- Transparent – candidate openly and honestly communicates with team members. They do what they say they will do.
- Team Player – candidate possesses humility, hungry to work hard, and smarts to recognize how their actions and words impact their teammates.
- Must be pro-life.
What We Offer:
Susan B. Anthony List offers a comprehensive benefit portfolio including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan with employer match, life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability coverage, free onsite parking, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Who We Are:
The mission of the Susan B. Anthony List Education Fund is to end abortion and the destruction of unborn human life. We are team oriented with a sacrificial mindset to help one another in our shared mission. We are ambitious in our pursuits to protect the unborn, their mothers, and families. We leverage every available opportunity to make advances for the unborn and their mothers. We operate with integrity in all we do, we hold ourselves and each other accountable, and we are transparent in our words and actions.
We believe in the innate dignity of human life beginning at conception.
We believe the right to life is enshrined in our nation’s founding documents and that laws have the power to save lives.
We believe we are fighting the human rights battle of our time.
We believe politics shapes culture.
We believe in celebrating every step forward in ending abortion.
We believe there are two victims in every abortion and women deserve better.
We believe feminism and pro-life are complimentary.
We believe women are natural advocates for the pro-life issue.
We believe in conducting our work with excellence.
We believe in operating with integrity and transparency. We do what we say we do, and we hold ourselves accountable.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and pro-life statement to our HR Director, Kathleen Wilber at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Susan B. Anthony List is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any protected class under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is against the law. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.