Company Overview: Susan B. Anthony List, Inc. (SBA List) was founded in 1992 primarily to fund pro-life candidates and engage the grassroots in lobbying Congress on pro-life issues. Our programs have now expanded to include a robust canvassing program to educate voters and win elections in states across the nation as well as legislative efforts at both the federal and state levels. In the past election cycle (2017-2018), SBA List raised and spent $28 Million.
SBA List is the leading pro-life political organization in the country. Headquartered in the Shirlington neighborhood of Arlington, VA, it is a growing organization of 40-plus full time employees. Our mission is to end abortion in the United States by election national and state leaders advocating for laws that save lives with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders.
Position Overview and Objectives: The Digital Communications Fellow is a one year opportunity to work closely with the Digital & Creative Director to support and promote the efforts of the Susan B. Anthony List family of organizations. Primary responsibilities include maintaining and optimizing the organization’s websites and engaging with supporters through the organization’s social media channels.
- Create/edit posts and pages
- Keep SBA website up-to-date
- Split testing & optimization for donations/email signups
- Social Media:
- Create and schedule engaging images and copy
- Manage social media calendar
- Monitor and respond to messages and moderate posts
- Track results and engagement
- Other responsibilities as assigned:
- Assist with email program
- Assist with management of SBA List mobile app, Life Impact
- Assist with setting up digital ad campaigns
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position
- Experience with:
- Excel, Word
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Copy writing
- Graphic design (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Ability to work as part of a team but also a self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
Additional Experience Desired (Optional):
- HTML & CSS
- Digital advertising systems (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, AdWords)
- Email marketing systems
- Google Analytics
- Video editing
Opportunity and Value for the Right Candidate:
- Work and grow professionally within the largest political pro-life organization in the U.S.
- Gain on-the-job skills for future career
- Possibility for a permanent job opportunity at the end of the one year Fellowship
Corporate Culture: SBA List has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10 years and we are on track for even more growth in the coming years as we expand our programs and impact. The SBA List team is determined, flexible, and gritty. Our employees are experts in their fields, hard workers, and are incredibly dedicated to ending abortion. They are team oriented with a sacrificial mindset to help one another in our shared mission. We leverage every available opportunity to make advances for the unborn and their mothers.
Benefits of Working at Our Office:
- Ample free parking
- Brand new bright office space with a kitchen/lounge area and shared treadmill desk space available for employees’ use.
- Very close to the Shirlington bus hub for connections to public transportation.
- Located close to Interstates 395 and 95, convenient to the Northern Virginia region, reverse commute from DC.
Please send resume, cover letter and pro-life statement to Mallory Quigley at email@example.com