Susan B. Anthony List, Inc. (SBA List) was founded in 1992 primarily to fund pro-life candidates and engage the grassroots in lobbying Congress on pro-life issues. The SBA List family of organizations has now expanded to include a research arm, the Charlotte Lozier Institute, and a grassroots education arm, Life Issues Institute.
SBA List and its partners are headquartered in the Shirlington neighborhood of Arlington, VA, and boasts 40-plus full-time employees. Our mission is to end abortion in the United States by electing national and state leaders and advocating for laws that save lives with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders.
Position Overview and Objectives:
The Communications Coordinator will have strong digital content creating experience, writing skills, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team and champion educational campaigns for the SBA List family of organizations.
This fast-paced position will oversee and implement communications of the pro-life message through email, social media, app, podcast, TV, and radio. Successful candidates have strong graphic design & website experience, excellent writing skills, can manage multiple projects at one time, and analyze different reporting mechanism to determine which messages and mediums are most successful. Candidates should demonstrate ability to identify problems and think creatively to develop solutions they can implement on their own as well as a part of a team. Because the position works with teams across the family of organizations, including remote workers, the candidate absolutely must have strong inter-personal communications skills and a commitment to the mission of Susan B. Anthony List and its partner organizations.
Qualifications & Core Competencies:
- Must be strongly pro-life
- Demonstrable experience working with social media platforms and website CMS; Strong graphic design skills; willingness to expand this skillset
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Highly attentive to detail
- Strong time management, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects including individual as well as team projects
- Highly motivated with a results-focused approach
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee educational campaigns for SBA List entities including SBA List, Life Issues Institute & Charlotte Lozier Institute, focusing on integrating and streamlining overlapping messages
- Create graphics and simple videos to strengthen educational campaigns; work with vendors on larger digital content projects
- Manage CLI and LII grassroots communications including:
- Brainstorming LII one-minute commentaries
- Drafting The Latest weekly column
- CLI Lozier Letter
- LII triannual newsletter
- Additional communications as needed
- Run all social media and outreach campaigns for Life Issues Institute
- LII podcast – Produce & Promote, identify guests, write talking points, work with advertising vendor
- Research and prep bullet points or drafts for weekly LII mass communications including Brad Mattes’ weekly radio commentaries and emails
- Manage all LII social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Soundcloud
- Promote LII resources including making cold calls to radio and Television networks to pitch TV and radio specials; interviews with LII spokespeople; research speaking opportunities
- Review reports for LII radio commentaries, refine and pitch targeted station contacts
- Manage all educational websites affiliated with the SBA List family of organizations, and work with relevant team members to ensure content is up to date.
- Manage SBA List family of orgs app – use it to educate users on messages of importance to the organizations
Opportunity and Value for the Right Candidate:
- Work and grow professionally within the largest political pro-life organization in the U.S
- Benefit Program
- Opportunity for growth
SBA List has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10 years and we are on track for even more growth in the coming years as we expand our programs and impact. The SBA List team is determined, flexible, and gritty. Our employees are experts in their fields, hard workers, and are incredibly dedicated to ending abortion. They are team oriented with a sacrificial mindset to help one another in our shared mission. We leverage every available opportunity to make advances for the unborn and their mothers.
Benefits of Working at Our Office:
- Ample free parking
- Brand new bright office space with a kitchen/lounge area and shared treadmill desk space available for employees’ use.
- Very close to the Shirlington bus hub for connections to public transportation.
- Located close to Interstates 395 and 95, convenient to the Northern Virginia region, reverse commute from DC.
Telecommuting is not an option for this position and a minimum one-year commitment is requested. Background check and workplace personality assessment will be required as part of the interview process. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your cover letter your position on abortion. Only pro-life candidates will be considered. No phone calls, please.