Senior Member Relations Officer (Political Fundraiser)
The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is the largest pro-life political organization in the country. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser to help us advance more pro-life laws, save more lives, and defeat more pro-abortion candidates in more elections to accelerate the day when we overturn Roe v. Wade and ensure every unborn child protected under the law.
SBA List and our Super PAC, Women Speak Out, have the largest pro-life field operation in the country. In the 2016 Election, we’ve already hit on over 400,000 doors of pro-life voters in key battleground states. Our goal is to reach over one million pro-life donors through person-to-person contact and ensure pro-life voters vote for pro-life candidates. In the 2014 election cycle, we spent $16.71 million. The SBA List is a network of more than 465,000 pro-life Americans nationwide.
Thanks to the increased investment of pro-life philanthropists across the country we are building the infrastructure for long-term success. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser with more than five years of experience and a strong understanding of the major donor landscape in conservative politics.
The Senior Political Fundraiser will be responsible for:
- Identifying, contacting, asking SBA members to invest at a leadership level in our current campaign efforts and efforts to protect the unborn;
- Scheduling and attending face-to-face visits with SBA List members;
- Communicating in person, over the phone, through the mail, and over email, the impact of a select group of members’ investment in our efforts;
- Identifying high level, prospective philanthropists who would be interested in SBA List’s efforts and scheduling appointments to meet with our leadership;
- Balancing the current fundraising needs at hand with the development of long-term relationships with current and prospective members;
- Becoming a SBA List expert and being able to tell our story and bring our work to life for donors.
- Five years of major gift experience in a fast-paced nonprofit or political fundraising environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to successfully develop strong relationships with donors.
- Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Must be creative, not afraid of hearing “no” and have the ability to bring new ideas into reality.
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think and focus on both the near- and long-term.
- The ideal individual adapts to changes in a fast-paced work environment and deals easily with unexpected events.
- Must understand the importance of donor intent, integrity, and the trust that is needed between philanthropist and fundraising professionals.
- Heavy travel is required for this position. Available evenings and weekends for donor visits and events as needed.
- Must be pro-life and able to articulate pro-life position well.
- Must be willing to accept a job offer contingent upon an acceptable background check.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered. Background check required before hiring. Please send resumes and writing samples to Director of Member Relations, Jennifer Gross email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we may be unable to personally acknowledge each one. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. SBA List does not keep resumes on file, nor accept resumes for positions that are not currently open.