Current job openings:
Vice President of Development
Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) and its affiliates is the largest pro-life political organization in the country. We seek an experienced fundraiser and development manager to help strategically grow our organization. Our mission is to elect pro-life leaders, advance pro-life laws, save lives, and work toward the day when every unborn child is protected under the law. SBA List and our affiliates raised more than $18 million in the 2016 election cycle. We need a proven leader with more than five years of experience and a strong understanding of the major donor landscape in conservative politics to engage our team and implement strategies for long term success.
The main roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Development are:
- Create Susan B. Anthony List’s development strategy and oversee its implementation
- Advance short and long term fundraising goals with an emphasis on major gifts
- Liaise between C4 President, C3 President, Executive Vice President and Board of Directors
- Supervise development team: equip, encourage, empower
- Engage in direct cultivation and solicitation meetings for specific donor portfolio
- Innovate ways to attract prospects, upgrade existing donors
- Articulate pro-life agenda with excellence in writing and in person
- Manage donor-facing communication and stewardship
The person who fills this position will be a highly motivated pro-life individual who works collaboratively and leads by example. Excellent writing and interpersonal skills required. Must be a results-oriented manager with high dollar fundraising experience and management skill.
The Vice President of Development is a full-time position in the DC office and is part of the senior leadership team. Competitive compensation package offered based on salary history of candidate. Limited travel required. Please send resume and cover letter to Natalie Tarnoviski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deputy Digital Director
The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) and its affiliates comprise the largest pro-life political organization in the country. We seek a Deputy Digital Director to serve in our Communications department to help us grow our organization’s digital reach. Our mission is to elect pro-life leaders, advance pro-life laws, save lives, and work toward the day when every unborn child is protected under the law. SBA List and our affiliates raised more than $18 million in the 2016 election cycle. We need a candidate who is well versed in online technology and marketing to support our growing digital communications department.
The main roles and responsibilities for the Deputy Digital Director are:
- Manage primary SBA List website and other web projects
- Work with the Digital and Creative Director to plan and implement online fundraising campaigns
- Further develop our email communication programs with our members and potential members
- Analyze and optimize our engagement with supporters across various online media
- Manage and optimize digital advertising campaigns
- Online advertising: Facebook and Google ad platforms
- Email Marketing systems: Experience with list growth/health
- Analytics: Develop cross-platform analytics and implement optimization
The person who fills this position will be a highly motivated pro-life individual who works collaboratively with others in a team environment. Excellent writing and interpersonal skills required. Experience with digital and email marketing systems as well as command over web development, SEO, conversion optimization and analytics required.
The Deputy Digital Director is a full-time position in the DC office. Competitive compensation package offered based on salary history of candidate. Please send resume and cover letter to Christie O’Brien at email@example.com. Deadline for applications is May 31, 2017.
Communications Associate, Life Issues Institute
Life Issues Institute, a leader in Grassroots Pro-Life Education, is looking for a Communications Associate who has excellent writing and organizational skills to work in our Cincinnati, OH office.
This fast-paced position will use a variety of media to get the pro-life message out to the masses. Through email, social media and other opportunities the successful candidate will be able to develop high quality written materials and analyze reporting to demonstrate the success of those communications. It is imperative that the successful candidate have excellent research skills and a strategic mindset.
This is a full-time position with benefits and opportunity for growth.
Qualifications & Core Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to develop high-quality written materials
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Highly motivated with a results-focused approach
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and prep bullet points/drafts for weekly LII mass communications including Brad Mattes’ weekly radio commentaries and emails
- Review reports for LII radio commentaries, refine and pitch targeted station contacts
- Manage all LII social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Soundcloud
- Manage LII website and make weekly updates
- Monitor email accounts associated with the LII and reply to incoming grassroots inquiries
- Draft and edit copy as assigned including: memos, internal and external emails, press releases, pitches, talking points, blog posts, op-eds, tweets, social media posts, and miscellaneous copy
- Read and track journalists and outlets covering pro-life stories and angles of interest
- Track media clips and leverage in pitches, donor materials, social media; use to develop media analytics reports
- Proofread and edit materials
- Assist in sending out mass grassroots email communications
- Research speaking opportunities or other areas for promotion of LII commentaries
Telecommuting is not an option for this position and a minimum one-year commitment is requested. Background check and workplace personality assessment will be required as part of the interview process. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your cover letter your position on abortion. Only pro-life candidates will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we may be unable to personally acknowledge each one. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. SBA List does not keep resumes on file, nor accept resumes for positions that are not currently open.