Watch the Video.
Get the Facts.
Obama’s Unyielding Loyalty to Planned Parenthood
President Obama likes to talk a lot about compromise. But when it comes to taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood, America’s abortion giant, Obama’s loyalty is unyielding.
After all, Planned Parenthood is one of President Obama’s top political allies.
- In a 2007 speech to Planned Parenthood Action Fund, then-candidate Obama told the audience, “On this fundamental issue, I will not yield, and Planned Parenthood will not yield.” 
- In its 2008 endorsement of then-candidate Obama, Planned Parenthood Action Fund made just its second presidential endorsement in its history, noting his 100% voting record with Planned Parenthood dating back to his time as a state senator in Illinois. Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards exclaimed, “there is no organization better positioned to reach out to women voters than the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. We will do all that we can to support Barack Obama…” 
- During the 2008 and 2010 election cycles alone, Planned Parenthood spent over $1.7 million dollars to help elect President Obama and support his fellow pro-abortion Democrats. [3a] [3b]
And since taking over the Oval Office, President Obama has rewarded Planned Parenthood by going above and beyond to protect their hundreds of millions of dollars in taxpayer funding.
- During fiscal year 2009, Planned Parenthood reported receiving over $363 million dollars in government grants and contracts – an all-time record – boosting their annual budget to over $1 billion. 
- In February of 2011, in response to undercover videos by Live Action in which Planned Parenthood employees show a willingness to aid and abet in alleged sex trafficking of minors, Obama called it a “manufactured” issue, noting that “Planned Parenthood in the past has done good work.” While conceding that Planned Parenthood should “address” any specific problems, he said that Americans “shouldn’t get so distracted with some of these issues that we ignore what really determines how well our kids do in the future.” 
- In response to Live Action’s videos and a desire to get taxpayers out of the abortion business, the House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly to defund Planned Parenthood by a 240-185 vote in the Continuing Resolution to fund the federal government in February, 2011. 
- When Speaker Boehner demanded that the cut be a part of the final Continuing Resolution deal to keep the federal government from shutting down, President Obama refused to cut a dime. When pushed by Speaker Boehner to agree to cuts, President Obama responded, “Nope, zero. Nope, zero. John, this is it.” 
Thanks to special protection from President Obama, not a dime was cut from Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding at the federal level. However, since the federal fight, nine states across the country have defunded Planned Parenthood of over $60 million.  The Obama Administration has responded by trying to strong-arm and even bypass the decisions made by these states.
- In June 2011, after Gov. Mitch Daniels signed into law a bill defunding Planned Parenthood, the Obama Administration responded by declaring their law to be “illegal.”  Furthermore, the Obama Administration told the state that if it did not change the law, Health and Human Services would consider pulling the state’s Medicaid funding, which totals $4.3 billion dollars. Planned Parenthood released a statement saying, “The HHS letter is a strong rebuke to Indiana and serves as a warning to other states that attempts to bar federal funding for Planned Parenthood.” 
- After declaring Indiana’s law to be illegal, HHS issued a warning to other states stating that they are not permitted to “exclude providers from the program solely on the basis of the range of medical services they provide.” 
- In September 2011, responding to a decision made by the elected members of New Hampshire’s Executive Council to reject a $1.8 million dollar contract with Planned Parenthood, the Obama Administration bypassed the state and contracted directly with Planned Parenthood. The non-competitive contract outraged local officials, with Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) responding, “New Hampshire’s Executive Council has spoken on this matter, and the (Obama) administration should respect the state’s right to make this decision." 
Join the Susan B. Anthony List fight to expose President Obama's radical support for Planned Parenthood. Sign up to learn how you can spread the message and work for pro-life victory in 2012.