The Abortion President.
During his first term, President Obama has radically expanded access to abortion both here at home and abroad… and taxpayers are footing the bill.
Obamacare: The largest expansion of abortion on-demand since Roe and an unprecedented assault on conscience
- Uses taxpayer dollars to subsidize health care plans that include coverage for elective abortion
- Millions of Americans will unknowingly be enrolled in health care plans that include abortion coverage. These plans will charge enrollees – many unknowingly – an “abortion surcharge” - that will go into an abortion slush fund.
- Forces employers – whether religious or secular – to pay for insurance plans that cover abortion-inducing drugs and sterilization, regardless or religious or moral objections.
Refusal to Protect Unborn Baby Girls from Sex-Selective Abortion
- Despite polling showing 80 percent of women support a ban on sex-selective abortion, President Obama opposed a ban, with a spokesperson stating, “The government should not intrude in medical decisions or private family matters in this way.”
Unyielding Ally of America’s Abortion Giant, Planned Parenthood
- After undercover videos exposed Planned Parenthood employees showing a willingness to aid and abet in alleged human trafficking of young girls, President Obama refused to cut a single dime from Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding, even if it meant shutting down the entire federal government during the 2011 budget fight.
- Obama has bullied five states -- Indiana, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Texas, and New Jersey – for defunding Planned Parenthood. His administration even yanked Medicaid funding or has contracted directly with Planned Parenthood in states that have taken action to defund them.
Refusal to Protect Newborn Babies
- As a State Senator in Illinois, Barack Obama opposed legislation that would have protected unborn babies who survive abortions. The legislation: “[Provided] that a live child born as a result of an abortion shall be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection under the law.”
- The legislation was introduced after Jill Stanek testified in 1999 that, while working as a nurse at Christ Hospital in Illinois, infants who survived induced abortions were being left to die in a utility room.
Exporting the Abortion Agenda Abroad
- On his first day in office, Obama rescinded the Mexico City Policy, which bars non-governmental organizations that receive American tax dollars from performing or promoting abortion abroad.
- After taking office, Obama immediately restored funding to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), which helps implement China’s brutal One-Child Policy. From 2009 to 2011, $145 million has been appropriated for UNFPA, and $47 million was requested in the President’s 2012 budget.