- The Movement
- Pro-Life Women Leaders
- Endorsed Candidates
- About SBA List
- Lozier Institute
The Susan B. Anthony List, the nation's fastest-growing pro-life political organization, is seeking a Political Director.
- Must have at least 2-5 years professional experience in the political arena. This is not an entry-level position.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Open to light to moderate travel.
- Have familiarity with campaign compliance laws.
- Must be pro-life.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement the organization’s political strategy under the direction of and in coordination with the organization’s leadership and consultants.
- Drive candidate endorsement process in coordination with the organization’s Candidate Selection Committee.
- Research and track key races, candidates, and other political entities.
- Develop and execute issue advocacy and independent expenditure campaigns, including but not limited to TV/radio/newspaper ads, live/recorded/patch-through calls, canvassing, rallies, press conferences, etc.
- Provide constant updates regarding the organization’s political priorities and activities both within and outside the organization.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with candidates, current office holders, and their staffs.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key federal and state coalition partners relevant to political priorities.
- Oversee the organization’s candidate bundling program through its connected Candidate Fund.
- Oversee the organization’s candidate training programs.
- Represent the organization and give presentations at coalition meetings.
- Work with the organization’s communications team to draft messaging guides, press releases, candidate promotional materials, talking points for interviews, GOTV materials, blast e-mails, website and social media content, etc.
- Work in coordination with the organization’s legislative director to leverage policy to advance political priorities and vice-versa.
- Work with the organization’s member relations department to ensure members and donors have constant updates on political priorities.
- Work in coordination with the National Pro-Life Women’s Caucus coordinator to advance state-based pro-life women.
This is a full-time position in our Washington, DC office. A commitment through the 2016 election cycle is required. Competitive compensation package includes healthcare benefits, vacation time, and retirement matching plan. Salary will commensurate with experience. Telecommuting is not an option for this position.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Billy Valentine at email@example.com with “Political Director” in the subject line. A cover letter that does not include the candidate's position on abortion will not be considered for the position. No phone calls please.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we may be unable to personally acknowledge each one. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. SBA List does not keep resumes on file, nor accept resumes for positions that are not currently open.