- The Movement
- Pro-Life Women Leaders
- Endorsed Candidates
- About SBA List
- Lozier Institute
The Susan B. Anthony List, the nation's fastest growing pro-life political organization, is looking for an organized, flexible and detail-oriented individual to serve as its Legislative Director. The Legislative Director is responsible for implementing the organization’s federal and state legislative strategy to pass laws that save lives.
- Must have at least 2-5 years professional experience in the policy and/or political arena
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Highly adaptable and willingness to learn new tasks
- Must be pro-life
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement the organization’s federal and state legislative strategy under the direction of and in coordination with the organization’s leadership.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Capitol Hill staff, state legislators and their staff, and relevant federal and state coalition partners to advance legislative priorities.
- Attend and present at coalition meetings and conference calls relevant to legislative priorities.
- Organize short-term and long-term coalition groups to advance the organization’s legislative strategy.
- Work in coordination with the organization’s political coordinator to leverage political assets to advance legislation and vice-versa.
- Work in coordination with the National Pro-Life Women’s Caucus coordinator to advance state-based pro-life women and our mutual legislative priorities.
- Leverage Charlotte Lozier Institute’s educational and research materials to advance the organization’s legislative priorities.
- Draft and track issue advocacy email blasts in coordination with the organization’s communications team.
- Meet the organization’s annual issue advocacy goals.
This is a full-time position in our Washington, DC office. A minimum one year commitment is required. Competitive compensation package includes healthcare benefits, vacation time, and retirement matching plan. Telecommuting is not an option for this position.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Billy Valentine at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Legislative Director” in the subject line. A cover letter that does not include the candidate's position on abortion will not be considered for the position. No phone calls please.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we may be unable to personally acknowledge each one. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. SBA List does not keep resumes on file, nor accept resumes for positions that are not currently open.