- The Movement
- Pro-Life Women Leaders
- Endorsed Candidates
- About SBA List
- Lozier Institute
Position: Major Gifts Officer
The Susan B. Anthony List, a rapidly growing pro-life political organization seeks an additional full time major gifts officer. Above all else, this position requires a firm commitment to the pro-life cause. The major gifts officer will work with the vice president of development to build programs that identify, grow and nurture major gifts from individual donors. The primary responsibility of this position is first steward gifts from current donors and second to identify prospects and develop them through meetings and calls.
- Assist with implementing a regular, year-round communication strategy
- Manage a portfolio of prospects and major donors
- Work collaboratively with development department officers. Offer prospect strategy counsel to the president, executive vice president, and vice president of development.
- Be a resource for development/event staff from identifying potential host connections to identifying attendees and fundraising strategy
- Assist and/or lead other development/fundraising projects as they occur
- Travel to visit top prospects and donors regularly approximately one week of each month
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including informational phone calls, letters and faxes
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate via face to face meetings, phone and mail
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Develop and execute phone call goals including thank you, meeting requests and cultivation calls
- Two to six years experience in fundraising, policy, sales or campaigns.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive communications
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct research and identify new funding opportunities; knowledge of fundraising information sources, basic fundraising strategies, and prospect research techniques
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Must be willing to travel
- A deep interest in and understanding of politics and the pro-life cause
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience with political non-profits or campaigns
Please submit resume and cover letter to Amanda Robey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters that include a thoughtful explanation of the applicants philosophical interest in the organization’s mission to protect Life will be shown preference. As will the inclusion of writing samples. Please no calls.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we may be unable to personally acknowledge each one. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. SBA List does not keep resumes on file, nor accept resumes for positions that are not currently open.