- The Movement
- Pro-Life Women Leaders
- Endorsed Candidates
- About SBA List
- Lozier Institute
The Susan B. Anthony List, the nation's fastest-growing pro-life political organization, is seeking a Digital Director. This position reports to the Communications Director and implements an online strategy focused on meeting fundraising and advocacy goals for the SBA List and related entities. The Digital Director works to create and distribute content, build online donor and activist communities, and drive website traffic. Coordinating with all other departments, this individual will manage the communication to our donor and activist email list and oversee day-to-day operations of our websites and social media platforms.
- Must be pro-life and have at least 2-5 years professional experience working in digital arena, preferably in a political and/or policy context. This is not an entry level position
- Past experience managing a website and email blast list
- Strong self-motivation
- Ability to adapt and work as a team member in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Prepare and execute strategic messaging for SBA List’s electoral and legislative priorities to pro-life activists and donors online
- Develop and manage project budgets (acquisition campaigns, website, digital advertising projects, etc.)
- Manage email list and email prospecting campaigns
- Draft and send mass email communications (fundraising appeals, action alerts, and newsletters), coordinate email blast schedules between all departments: fundraising, legislative, and political
- Work with vendors to develop and execute online prospecting campaigns to grow online donor and activist lists
- Provide and analyze reports on results from email blasts and prospecting campaigns to ensure meaningful ROI
- Utilize the SBA List’s internal databases to track results of online campaigns, including fundraising appeals
- Manage websites and other online presences
- Work with Communications Director to oversee creation of a new website
- Create and edit website content pages
- Work with vendors when needed to create graphics, problem-solve website technology issues, and to create new sites with quick turnaround for specialized web campaigns
- Publish shareable content for user-generated media services and new media products (RSS, blogs, video, audio podcasts, photos, online press rooms, etc.)
- Manage official accounts on Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites
- Seek online opportunities to place banner ads, social network advertising, engage in link sharing, cross platform promotion, upload articles, etc.
- Generate interest and drive traffic through search engine marketing efforts
- Identify emerging technologies, trends, and services to increase effectiveness of digital efforts
- Educate internal staff in the use and application of digital media
- This position reports to the Communications Director
This is a full-time position in our Washington, D.C. office. A commitment through the 2016 election cycle is required. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive compensation package includes benefits. Telecommuting is not an option for this position.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Mallory Quigley at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Director” in the subject line. Candidates who do not include their position on abortion will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we may be unable to personally acknowledge each one. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. SBA List does not keep resumes on file, nor accept resumes for positions that are not currently open.