Member Relations/ Development Manager
Susan B. Anthony List is the largest pro-life political organization in the country. We are seeking a development professional to manage, facilitate, and grow the cultivation portion of our fundraising operations.
The role of the Susan B. Anthony List Member Relations Manager is to ensure that our Members know that their financial support is appreciated, their prayers are needed, and that their investments are used wisely to save unborn children and their mothers from abortion.
Without the selfless investment of hundreds of thousands of SBA List Members from across the country, we would not exist. SBA List needs a creative, organized, and caring leader who can take our current donor stewardship program and help us build it into the best in the country.
- Fundraising Experience: Previous fundraising experience is a must. We need someone who understands philanthropy and is experienced at connecting with donors.
- Strong Writing Skills: The Member Relations Manager is charged with drafting updates and communications that will be sent to thousands of SBA List Members. Additionally, the Member Relations Manager will be asked to edit and improve proposals that will be presented to our strongest investors.
- Creativity: We need a leader who can help build our donor stewardship program and then implement it with an eye on continuous improvement. This includes finding new and creative ways to communicate our work.
- Organizational Skills: In addition to ensuring that thousands of donors are thanked and contacted in a timely manner, the Member Relations Manager will serve as a point person for our busy fundraising team who is often traveling. We will need a Member Relations Manager who is organized and can operate multiple tasks at once.
- Must be Pro-Life. Must Love People.
SBA List Member Relations Program Help us build this program!
Lead the effort to acknowledge, thank, and update SBA List Members through:
- Run the operation responsible for thanking our incredible Members
- Create and send specialized updates to Members
- Develop email communications sent to thousands of members
- Draft thank you communications sent to SBA’s top Members
- Coordinate and participate in our ongoing thank you call drive to SBA Members
- Manage SBA’s donor response program
- Draft and edit major SBA List marketing materials
- Provide materials for SBA’s ambassadors in states across the country
- Work with our existing events logistics team to host unforgettable events for SBA List Members
- Recruit and organize the host committees for DC and national SBA List events
- Create new ways for our team to connect with attending Members
- Develop and send communications with Members before and after events
Implementing & Improving our Giving Clubs:
- Provide members of our President’s Club, Leadership Circle, and our Champions of Life with the best giving experience in the pro-life movement
- Share special opportunities including VIP events, debates, and confidential political information
- Facilitate conference calls for Members to talk with pro-life lawmakers and SBA List leadership
- Identify books, stories, and inspirational material to pass along to our leadership Members
- Create new ways to involve our members in our mission to protect unborn children and their mothers
This position is full-time in our Washington, D.C. office. Reports to the Director of Member Relations. Competitive salary and benefits offered. Send resumes and cover letters to Bryant Conger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Background check required. No phone calls please.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we may be unable to personally acknowledge each one. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. SBA List does not keep resumes on file, nor accept resumes for positions that are not currently open.