Since our founding in 1992, the SBA List has financed and endorsed over 110 winning members of Congress. We will have helped to nurture a first generation of women leaders who have embraced the cause of Life and advanced in public office.
We strive to increase the percentage of pro-life women in Congress and high state public office. By marshaling the power of our membership behind the pro-life heroes who meet our endorsement criteria and need it most, the Susan B. Anthony List Candidate Fund shapes the pro-life political landscape.
SBA List Candidate Fund Endorsement Criteria:
- Be a pro-life woman running for election to Congress or statewide office OR be a pro-life man running for election to Congress or statewide office against a pro-abortion woman*
- Complete our candidate questionnaire
- Be a viable candidate
- Be interviewed by the SBA List
- Earn the official approval of our Candidate Selection Committee
*During the fight to prevent taxpayer funded abortion in health care reform, the Susan B. Anthony List placed significant emphasis and resources in communicating with pro-life Members of Congress that this was a career-defining vote. For those who chose to betray their pro-life principles and vote for the largest expansion of abortion since Roe v. Wade, the SBA List has launched a special project, Votes Have Consequences. Endorsements made in these specific districts may not have otherwise fit Susan B. Anthony List Candidate Fund criteria for endorsement.
Candidate Endorsements are considered on a rolling basis. If you know of a candidate that we should consider and meets the above criteria, email email@example.com.
The SBA List Candidate Fund financially supports endorsed pro-life candidates in three key ways:
- Direct Support: The SBA List Candidate Fund contributes directly to selected campaigns.
- Bundled Checks: The SBA List asks members to contribute to the endorsed candidates of their choice, making the checks payable to the campaigns. The checks are then collected by the SBA List Candidate Fund, “bundled” together with other members’ checks and sent to the candidates.
- Independent Expenditures: The SBA List Candidate Fund runs Independent Expenditure Get-Out-The-Vote (GOTV) programs in targeted districts, designed to turn out pro-life voters on Election Day.